Thai food is one of my favourite things in the world, but so is being resourceful with the few ingredients I have while not spending twelve dollars at Thai Express – now that’s an accomplishment! So here’s a dinner for one (fabulous one, mind you), single bowl of pad thai inspired yumminess. Let’s get started!
You will need:
Onion, garlic, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, pepper, one egg, coconut oil, lime, kale, and extra firm tofu.
Feel free to substitute and change it around, it’s all based on what’s available to you! However for the pad thai taste the sauce ingredients are key, especially the lime juice.
1. Mince some onion and garlic, and throw it on a nonstick skillet with some coconut oil (or whatever you’ve got).
2. Chop some extra firm tofu. I like to do it in small, thin, rectangular pieces. Add it to the skillet.
3. Stir and let cook on high (but not so high that the oil is trying to jump out angrily at you), until the tofu is slightly crispy and golden.
4. Get a smaller bowl and whisk together soy sauce, sriracha, pepper, lime juice and a raw egg. Now pour it onto your skillet and mix until the egg is all cooked. You may want to turn the heat down a bit to keep the sauce from burning.
5. Add chopped kale on top of that, as much as you like. Pretty much all the ingredients in this recipe just depend on the amount you want. Personalized! Let the kale wilt to your liking, mixing it all as it cooks.
6. When done, transfer to a bowl, top with some more lime juice and a couple wedges and devour hungrily in three seconds with or without chopsticks.
Please let me know if you enjoyed this recipe, hopefully you can use your own resourceful talents to use what you have and come up with something delectable as well!